1. Deposit Policy
● 50% of the booking’s total cost to be paid as a deposit to confirm the booking.
2. Hotel Cancellation Policies
2.1 Room Reservations
● Guests must cancel reservations at least 14 days before arrival to avoid losing their deposit.
● Within 14 days of arrival we reserve the right to charge the stay’s total cost if we cannot resell the room.
● Cancelling within 48 hours of arrival will incur a charge of the total cost of the stay.
● We require all cancellation requests to be made in writing, and this can be by email.
Exceptions for Cancellation Policy during the Coronavirus Pandemic
● Should your reservation have to be cancelled due to local or national restrictions preventing you from travelling during the Coronavirus pandemic by either party, please be assured that your deposit is safe with us and will be used to re-arrange your stay.
● If you would prefer, we will offer a full refund.
2.2 Amendments to Existing Reservations
● Should you wish to amend or alter your reservation, including transferring your reservation in full to new dates, you will be able to do so without incurring any additional charges up to 14 days before arrival at the hotel.
● Within 14 days of your arrival, you will be subject to cancellation fees as detailed in our Cancellation Policy.
2.3 Reservations made through third parties
● Please be aware that any reservations made through third-party travel agents are subject to the terms and conditions outlined in their confirmation to you.
● Any changes to your reservation at the hotel under these agreements must be made via the third party travel agent and not direct with the hotel.
2.4. Arrival and Departure
● The room(s) will be available from 3:00 pm on the day of arrival, and our checkout time is 11:00 am on the day of departure.
● Early check-in or late checkout requests are subject to availability.
3. Methods of payment
● We accept the following payment methods at the hotel: Cash, Visa Debit, Visa, MasterCard Credit or Debit.
● Deposits may be obtained by Bank Transfer with the prior agreement of the hotel.
● All charges must be settled upon departure by the guest.
4. Group Reservations
● Any reservation that exceeds 8 reserved rooms will be classified as a ‘Group’ and will be passed to an Event Planner to assist you with your stay experience.
● Group reservations will be subject to additional terms and conditions, which the event planner will provide. A contract will be issued for the Group and any associated activities.
● If you are driving, please come to the car park on Star Lane where our porters will meet you.
● All vehicles at the owners’ risk, and the hotel accepts no liability for any damage, loss or theft when parked in the car park. Our porters carry out complete visual checks upon the vehicle’s arrival at the hotel. Any damage at that time will be reported directly to the guest for the avoidance of doubt.
6. Dining at the hotel
● We recommend that you make reservations for all dining requirements for your stay with us to avoid any disappointment. We will always have a table for our resident guests; however, we may not provide you with a table at your preferred time if not reserved in advance of your arrival.
● Children under the age of 6 years are not encouraged in The Dining Room after 7 pm. Should you wish to dine with younger children after 7 pm, you may do so in The Inn. Room service is also provided, and our children’s menu is available all day for your convenience.
● We have a small number of dog-friendly rooms at the hotel, and there is a supplemental charge of £25.00 per day, which will be added to your room rate at the hotel. We will provide a dog bed, bowls and treats in the room for your arrival at the hotel.
● Dogs are allowed within our inner courtyard and The Inn. Thank you for not bringing them into The Dining Room or The Library unless they are assistance dogs.
● Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times when in public areas of the hotel.
● Any damage or loss of either the hotel property or guest property may result in charges being applied to your account.
● There is a maximum of two small to medium dogs per room.
8. Childminding Services
● We recommend several registered childminders who can provide childminding services for you whilst you stay at the hotel.
● Whilst we will assist with communication between the two parties, your agreement for childminding services is solely between you and the childminder. The hotel accepts no responsibility within and liability for this arrangement.
9. Massage Therapies
● We can arrange a massage or facial therapies as well as manicure and pedicure services at the hotel.
● These services are provided at the hotel by self-employed therapists selected for their high standards.
● Any treatments booked with the therapists during your stay at the hotel will be subject to a 24 hour cancellation period. If you cancel or adjust your treatment time within 24 hours, the treatment’s total cost will be charged.
● This hotel has a smoking policy.
● Guests are not permitted to smoke or ‘vape’ in any of the buildings’ internal areas or the property’s dining terraces. If found to be smoking in these areas, a £150 fine will be liable.
● There is a designated external smoking area which our team will be happy to show you on request.
11. Damage to property
● Any damage caused by an individual using the hotel facilities will be charged to that individual in full. 14. Maintenance.
● As the hotel is open all year round, you may find that there is necessary maintenance taking place during your visit. We will make every effort to ensure that noise and disruption are kept to a minimum and would like to thank you in advance for your understanding.
12. Gift Vouchers
● Gift vouchers can be purchased online or by calling the hotel directly.
● Upon purchase, the gift voucher can be sent by 1st class post within 24 hours of payment or collected from the hotel. There is a £2.50 handling fee.
● Vouchers are valid for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase.
● Gift vouchers cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash, and no change will be given in cash. Vouchers will be valid until the balance is depleted.
● To redeem a gift voucher, you must present it to The Star within the Redemption Period.
Stays until 30 September 2021 will be subject to VAT at a rate of 5%. From 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022, a new rate will apply of 12.5%. After these periods, the VAT rate will return to 20% as per the UK Government.