We would ask that you meet the skipper at (1) the hotel reception for morning sails or (2) the ticket office in St Mawes Harbour for afternoon or evening sails. You will then be transferred to the yacht by our tender and from there you will explore the Carrick Roads.
GOOD TO KNOW
• We supply you with life jackets to wear during your sail with us.
• We are very happy for you to get ‘hands on’ during the sail and our skipper will chat to you about your sailing ability*. Alternatively, you can just sit back, relax and enjoy the fabulous views whilst our skipper and crew do the work.
• Wear flat sensible shoes as there will be some climbing to do to get on and off the vessels*
• Bring layers of clothing in case it is a little cooler out on the water
• Bring sunscreen and sunglasses, as it is easy to get caught out by the breezes whilst sailing.
• Wet weather – please note that we do have small selection of rainproof jackets just in case! However, if you have your own foul weather gear then please bring this with you.
• For health and safety reasons we will not permit children under 6 years of age or dogs on the boat. We are unable to supply life jackets for either and we reserve the right to refuse boarding.
• If you need to cancel your sail with us please note that we require 24 hours’ notice so that we may have the opportunity to resell the time slot otherwise you may be subject to the full cost of the sail.
• If we need to cancel due to weather conditions, we will contact you as soon as possible to inform you and hopefully be able to re-arrange your sail for another time. If you are unable to re-arrange for this for any reason you will not be charged.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Name of boat
Pinuccia, informal version of Giuseppina, meaning – The lord increases
Type of boat
A 48 foot International 8 Meter classic wooden racing yacht. Sign – J22.
Reportedly built for Mussolini by Vincenzo Vittorio Baglietto in 1938 to represent Italy in the 1939 World Cup for Mussolini.
Guests must be able to climb unaided on to the RIB and then transfer from the RIB to the yacht.
Please note that we are unable to accept children under the age of 6 years or dogs on board due to health & safety /insurance reasons.
Skipper and crew
Jan & Reece, our professional crew are happy for you to be as involved as you wish in the sailing dependent or your ability.
Food and drink
If you wish you can order a picnic from our chef to take aboard. This is included in the rate for full day sails, otherwise the picnic will be charged to your payment card provided for the sail.
Number of guests
Maximum of 6 guests
Half day sail, 10am-1pm or 2pm-5pm £495.00
Full day sail, 10am-4pm £795.00 – Full day sails include a picnic and a bottle of House wine.
Evening sails, 5:30pm-8:00pm £495.00 – includes a bottle of house prosecco.
We will look forward to sailing with you.